Raúl Sarasola, Rivera - Uruguay, 1963.
● Visual artist, journalist, publicist, university teacher.
● Disciple of Osmar Santos, in the 80's goes to live in Montevideo.
● 1986 National School of Visual Arts (4 años).
● 1989 Hugo Mercader studio.
● Sculpture classes with Javier Nieva.
● In 1990 creates his own studio of artistic investigation and experimentation (“Tayerta”) with Daniel Riera and Leo Alvarez.
● From that moment, shows his work in Galería Calle Entera. Participates in several collective shows in Montevideo and interior.
● At that time begins to venture in other disciplines such as stage design for theatre (Notariado, cultural spaces).
● Performs murals in public spaces close together with Ariel Riva and Juan José Nuñez.
● Selection for Premio ACU.
● In the 90's, moves away from painting to make audiovisual products. (Material for TV and advertising agencies)
● Developes until 2010, audiovisual products for chanels 4, 5, 10 and 12 from Montevideo.
● Selection for Premio Tabaré for best TV documentalist in three oportunities in the years 95, 97 and 98.
● Begins to paint again since 2007.
● In 2018 opens CASATALLER as a painting and drawing teacher.
● 2015 Espacio Cultural Cinema Internacional Livramento R.S. Brazil.
● 2016 Galería Braguay Livramento R.S. Brazil.
● 2017 Museo Departamental de Artes Plásticas. Rivera, Uruguay. “Cambios innecesarios”.
● 2019 Museo Departamental de Artes Plásticas. Rivera, Uruguay. “Mínimos”.
● Goes to live in Bahía, Brasil.
● His works are found in private and public collections in Uruguay, Brazil, Argentina, Equador, Spain, Francia and USA.
With Prof. Osmar Santos (engraving class).
At Galería Braguay with Ma. Luisa de Leonardis and Leonidas Bayo.
At Galería Braguay.
At Galería Braguay.
From left to right: Gino Bidart, Hugo Lago, Raúl Sarasola, Osmar Santos.
Invitation - Solo show at Museo Dep. de Artes Plásticas, Rivera, 2017.
Group show at Shopping Melancia, Rivera, Uy, 2018.
Chat with students at Museo Departamental de Rivera.
Educational chat with primary students.